Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalba01

My home purchased by my grandmother, and I pay the house payment and utilities, she does not live in the home she has her own home. She purchased the home because I did not qualify for the home at the time of purchase and eventually I was to inheritate this home. I am still presently not able to purchase the home under my name, but now we are comfronted with an issue my grandmother is currently in the hospital and Adult protective service's are involved right now because she harmed my grandfather, my mother nor my aunt want to responsiblity for them {grandmother or grandfater} because my grandmother is a very strong headed person and will need twenty-four seven care. I unfortunately work, go to school have a husband with renal failure and have a sixteen year old, as I am sure you can understand my hands are full and I am their eldest grandchild. I am very close to them, but they both refuse to live with anyone and the concern is their wellfare. APS understand's they have assests and my home is under their name, and they are informing me something has to be done concerning my home, because my grandparent's can not have any assest and if they take over the state will take their assests which includes my home. What can I do as far as a deed to my home, how does the transfer work, what are my options legally? I know I have no say so regarding the home because it is not under my name, but I was going to inheritate my home once they passs. Once APS takes over it seems they will be placed in a nursing home, and the goal is to obtain medicaid for them and they need to get rid of all their assests.

It sounds like the house still belongs to the bank. The bank would get it before you would.

I believe your best option is to obtain a new loan and purchase the house from your grandmother. If that is not an option then you should start making plans to move just in case the matter gets pushed that far.
You could potentially find yourself being evicted from the home since you are essentially a tenant.
That is way down the road, but best to have a plan in place. You will not have to go anywhere unless evicted and you have lots of time meanwhile to sort things out with your grandparents.

no i need to know something . my friend had call my boyfriend to clean her yard . and she owns her property . but any way the stuff on her property was hers and her sons stuff . and she told her son to take his stuff off the property because her home owners insureance was cansled and she needed the yard to get cleaned . so he takes the stuff off the property and took the resceates to the lady and she gave him half of the money . and now the son is mad because she didnt give the son any money . can she press charges on my boyfriend . and keep in mind that it was there for seven years and the son was told for a long time to take his stuff home . what can the son do . can he press charges on my boyfriend.

With regard to the home you're living in - it's not really your home. Mightymoose is right - with the way foreclosures are being handled it might be a long time until the government gets around to dealing with your residence there. That said, it's impossible to say whether your case will be expedited. For right now, unless there is another option to transfer the property out of your parents name (and they might not have equity), there really isn't an alternative.

Regarding the issue with the boyfriend, I'm not sure what is going on. Pressing charges? I doubt it. It seems that if there is any case it is a civil matter in small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back