Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJAlexander

I have a neighbor who decided to take a picture of my spotlight that is attached to the back on my house which is not in public view. He is complaining about my spotlight shining on his windows and gave the homeowner association pictures. Now, where is my privacy. In order to see my back yard he would have to look over a 6ft fence that surrounds my backyard. A so called privacy fence. I would like to find the law that pertains to privacy on private property. Its either Peeping Tom, Invasion of property, or trespassing.:confused:

I think you would find any law of little assistance if the neighbor can indicate that it is your spotlight that is invasive on his property. There are several cases dealing with the same issue, one famous one involves the spotlights of a newly opened golf course on the side of a river that were bright enough to be an annoyance to an apartment complex on the other side.

If you came to court with 'unclean hands' -- that you are claiming protection of the law when you have violated it -- then the law will be of little or no assistance. The real question here is to determine whether your spotlight is invasive or the neighbor is trying to stir something up and is just a troublemaker.

Originally posted by CJAlexander
I have a neighbor who decided to take a picture of my spotlight that is attached to the back on my house which is not in public view. He is complaining about my spotlight shining on his windows and gave the homeowner association pictures. Now, where is my privacy. In order to see my back yard he would have to look over a 6ft fence that surrounds my backyard. A so called privacy fence. I would like to find the law that pertains to privacy on private property. Its either Peeping Tom, Invasion of property, or trespassing.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back