Roomate Property ransom

Kbell10

Jurisdiction
Kansas
I moved in with a friend (I'm am not on a lease, they own the house) for a few months after I broke my leg and was on hard times. He asked for $200 a month rent. I recently said I am looking for work in another city so I will need to move now that I'm healed and can get a better job. He now wants over $500 from me ( not including rent) when I leave or he will try to keep me from taking my property. I do not know why he is doing this. Is this legal?

Is this legal?

No, it wouldn't be legal.

There is a very useful solution when you are ready to vacate the home.

Until you are ready, don't speak about what I'll instruct you to consider, simply keep your EXIT PLAN to yourself.

Let's say you plan to vacate the home on December 10th at 9:00AM.

Don't disclose that to the homeowner.

About an our before you're ready to leave, call or visit the local police department.

Ask for someone t meet you at the house at 9:00AM for a civil standby.

Make sure all your junk is packed and ready to remove BEFORE you call.

Once you the officer arrives start removing your junk to the getaway car or truck.

Wham bam, presto, you're on your way!

Another option is to leave while the homeowner is away at work, medical appointment, or shopping, etc...

Again, don't disclose your escape plan with anyone, keep your yapper closed.

Once the person has left, load your junk into the escape vehicle, giddyup and get!

No, it wouldn't be legal.

There is a very useful solution when you are ready to vacate the home.

Until you are ready, don't speak about what I'll instruct you to consider, simply keep your EXIT PLAN to yourself.

Let's say you plan to vacate the home on December 10th at 9:00AM.

Don't disclose that to the homeowner.

About an our before you're ready to leave, call or visit the local police department.

Ask for someone t meet you at the house at 9:00AM for a civil standby.

Make sure all your junk is packed and ready to remove BEFORE you call.

Once you the officer arrives start removing your junk to the getaway car or truck.

Wham bam, presto, you're on your way!

Another option is to leave while the homeowner is away at work, medical appointment, or shopping, etc...

Again, don't disclose your escape plan with anyone, keep your yapper closed.

Once the person has left, load your junk into the escape vehicle, giddyup and get!

Honestly that's what I had planned on. I didn't want to have to involve the police but it seems I'm left with no other option. I can't afford to leave all of my belongings and buy new ones.

Honestly that's what I had planned on. I didn't want to have to involve the police but it seems I'm left with no other option. I can't afford to leave all of my belongings and buy new ones.

You can use option 2, leave quickly when the owner is away at work.

If he's an unemployed layabout, leave quickly just after he left.

A LITTLE PLANNING AND YOU CAN BE OUT OF THERE IN 15-30 MINUTES WITH THE RIGHT HELPERS.

You can use option 2, leave quickly when the owner is away at work.

If he's an unemployed layabout, leave quickly just after he left.

A LITTLE PLANNING AND YOU CAN BE OUT OF THERE IN 15-30 MINUTES WITH THE RIGHT HELPERS.

He works, but his wife doesn't. And she likea to be in everyone's business at every moment. I know she would call him and tell him what was going on. Having the police present is my only option at this point.

Back