Visitor, Guest Property owners rights vs sons girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

PruBugs

I own a townhouse purchased as a place for me to stay when visiting family and friends in Georgia. My son lives in the home. He allowed his girlfriend to move in but she drinks and does drugs and pressed charges of abuse against him when she tried to take the car when drunk. He push her and grabbed the keys. He tried to break up with her but then she tried to commit suicide. He is nowin jail and she has all types of shady people,drg dealers etc.staying in my house. She doesn't pay anything so how do I get her out. The place is trashed and I the HOA doesn't allow renters but I'm not renting to her. What rights do I have in this situation. I live in Florida and need her gone out of my house.

I own a townhouse purchased as a place for me to stay when visiting family and friends in Georgia. My son lives in the home. He allowed his girlfriend to move in but she drinks and does drugs and pressed charges of abuse against him when she tried to take the car when drunk. He push her and grabbed the keys. He tried to break up with her but then she tried to commit suicide. He is nowin jail and she has all types of shady people,drg dealers etc.staying in my house. She doesn't pay anything so how do I get her out. The place is trashed and I the HOA doesn't allow renters but I'm not renting to her. What rights do I have in this situation. I live in Florida and need her gone out of my house.

You need to evict your son and his FEMALE FRIEND, and all the other JON and JANE DOES abusing and occupying your home.
You can best do that from afar (Florida) by engaging an attorney in GA to act on your behalf.

If you have an attorney in FL, ask him or her for a few recommendations in GA to pursue the eviction.
Don't hesitate to evict your son.

It makes things easier, and you can always allow him to return after he disposes of his legal woes.
I wouldn't do that, however.
If you want to assist him, simply give him money to rent his own place in his name, not yours.

Here is how the eviction process works in GA:

http://www.dca.ga.gov/housing/housi...ownloads/Georgia_Landlord_Tenant_Handbook.pdf

The entire process could take between eight to twelve weeks, give or take AFTER you initiate the notice portion.

The HOA often comes after innocent people like you, sir, so I suggest you have your attorney inform them of what went down, and how you are going to clean this up.

My last comment, as a father, too.
We all want to believe our children aren't heels.
Often our trust is misapplied.
Some of our kids are heels.
My point is, your son might have drug problems, too.
I'm sure you never taught him to pound on females or get hoked up with drug abusers.
Before you do anything more for him, you might want to have a long discussion after he has extricated himself from his legal bind.

I wish you the best, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back