Property deed with right of survivorship

PAJenny

My father recently married without a prenup, he divorced after a month and added my name on the deed to a rental property with right of survivorship in Oder to protect my inheritance, he is currently dating someone new and insisting I allow her to use parts of the property even after he may pass. He is threatening to take my name off the deed. Can he do that without my consent? He is suggesting duress as he entered a facility in the beginning of the divorce for a nervous breakdown?

My father recently married without a prenup, he divorced after a month and added my name on the deed to a rental property with right of survivorship in Oder to protect my inheritance, he is currently dating someone new and insisting I allow her to use parts of the property even after he may pass. He is threatening to take my name off the deed. Can he do that without my consent? He is suggesting duress as he entered a facility in the beginning of the divorce for a nervous breakdown?

An inheritance doesn't exist in anticipation of a person's death.

You have no inheritance.

An inheritance is what passes via a will, a trust, or intestacy upon the demise of another individual.

Whether dad can remove your name from a deed, depends on how the property was conveyed to you.

In some cases, if the conveyance wasn't warrantied, your name on teh deed might be meaningless anyway.

Back