Property Damage Release Form question

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanotherpost

I am concerned with the following phrase on the release form rec'd by the at fault drivers Ins. Co. Appears to be a standard release but "receipt of which is hereby acknowledged" bothers Me, because I am *not in receipt* of the pmt. I am told Pmt. will be released *After* I sign this release...so this language bothers Me..Thoughts , advice appreciated~

Does the rest if the document indicate when/how payment is to be received?
If not, call them and negotiate an agreement with terms you accept. If they do not cooperate it will cost them more to go to court and end paying the same or more.

Does the rest if the document indicate when/how payment is to be received?
If not, call them and negotiate an agreement with terms you accept. If they do not cooperate it will cost them more to go to court and end paying the same or more.
Hi & Thank- you For responding..The Release has no language with reference to pmt. "to be sent" "will Be sent" etc. However I have an e-mail from the insurance co. stating that once the release is signed and returned, they will "issue Pmt. Immediately" for the agreed upon amt. The release was sent to Me PDF via e-mail.

I am concerned with the following phrase on the release form rec'd by the at fault drivers Ins. Co. Appears to be a standard release but "receipt of which is hereby acknowledged" bothers Me, because I am *not in receipt* of the pmt. I am told Pmt. will be released *After* I sign this release...so this language bothers Me..Thoughts , advice appreciated~

Unless you're in a hurry for payment, you might want to discuss this with a lwyer.

Otherwise, the term seems to refer to receiving the correspondence, not payment.

But, if you have doubts, don't sign anything or agree to anything.

It isn't wise to agree to things you don't FULLY understand.

Thank-you Army Judge. The language is "For the consideration of $------,receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I/we release and discharge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back