Project Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

dporto

In Feb.of 2006 I gave my 1969 Mustang to Perry's Pony Express for restoration. He gave me a contract which stated it would take him 120hrs to do the work. He promised me that I would have my car by June, in time for the first Mustang Club car show. He did not deliver. He then promise by the second show in Sept., he did not deliver. Since he was the president of the Mustang club I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. By now there were no more club shows the season had ended and I didn't have my car. After numerous visit to the shop we had aggreed that he would have it ready for the spring of 2007. He didn't deliver. During all this time I was making payments towards the $10250 fee for the restoration. I accidentally paid him in full in May 2007. I had documentation signed by him it is paid for. In May of this year I went to see him and had it out with him., and told him that I would have to contact my attorney if he did finish in June., he didn't deliver again. I have contacted my attorney who has given him August 19th as a deadline or we would commence with legal proceedings. Perry now is asking me for a weeks extension because he will be on vacation during this time, I don't want to grant it. I feel that he owes me something after all this time? I would agree to do so if he pays me his $75 per hour fee for the extension. Can I ask for this? And what kind of documentation do I need?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back