Professional Misconduct

My students had uploaded their essays into the school information system, I was given them but misplaced them I asked the students to email me copies to mark. I didnt realize that these new essays were improvements on the uploaded ones. After witnessing one of these student being told it would affect their college applications, I panicked and phoned a colleague's son telling them I would take the blame for losing the essays and to say I had lost the orignal essays so had they had to email me them.

The schools has said that it is professional misconduct and that because I made the phone call I should resign or be fired.

Are they correct on this? I know I shouldn't have called the student but I didnt realize I was doing anything wrong but protecting the students.

Any advice or comments.

My students had uploaded their essays into the school information system, I was given them but misplaced them I asked the students to email me copies to mark. I didnt realize that these new essays were improvements on the uploaded ones. After witnessing one of these student being told it would affect their college applications, I panicked and phoned a colleague's son telling them I would take the blame for losing the essays and to say I had lost the orignal essays so had they had to email me them.

The schools has said that it is professional misconduct and that because I made the phone call I should resign or be fired.

Are they correct on this? I know I shouldn't have called the student but I didnt realize I was doing anything wrong but protecting the students.

Any advice or comments.

Sorry, we don't know anything about the law or school law in Saudi Arabia.

Back