Premises Liability product loss due to previous owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought a pizza shop 9 months ago. The previous owner was stealing electric from Peco via a jump cable installed in the meter. Over the Labor day holiday half of my electric shut off due to a short because of this. I lost 2 business days and close to 10k in product. To top it off now my electric bill will at least double since the cable has been removed. Where do I stand? The previous owner didn\'t disclose this when we purchased but let me go on thinking my bill will be within a certain range

I bought a pizza shop 9 months ago. The previous owner was stealing electric from Peco via a jump cable installed in the meter. Over the Labor day holiday half of my electric shut off due to a short because of this. I lost 2 business days and close to 10k in product. To top it off now my electric bill will at least double since the cable has been removed. Where do I stand? The previous owner didn\'t disclose this when we purchased but let me go on thinking my bill will be within a certain range

You should immediately see a lawyer.

You have a great number of things that could tumble down around you, one of which is the electricity that PECO will likely want to come after you to recoup.

The local fire authorities might also investigate.

Stop talking, see a lawyer, play dumb if anyone comes around.

Unless you have something in writing from the former owner, his oral admissions will likely be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back