problems with property

Status
Not open for further replies.

favoredeagle

the house is caught in a divorce the husband won the house but the wife is living there till the sale is final and she is given her 40,000.00. she will not allow me to do a final walk thru and the closing is Tues Oct 9. she has removed light fixtures and the stove that i know of. what should i do?

Who are you?

What have you signed?

I am trying to buy the house. I have signed everything with the morgage company except closing papers. i need to know what to do about having a final walk thru of the property.

I am trying to buy the house. I have signed everything with the morgage company except closing papers. i need to know what to do about having a final walk thru of the property.

What EXACTLY does your written contract say about a final walk-through?

(Leave out personal and identifying info; otherwise, give us the exact language.)

I am in a bind. i have posted a note on here but i need some advice. i am buying a house. i close on this coming Tuesday.
its my parents house. they got divorced and was final the 1st of june. my dad won the rights to the house and had to pay my mom 40,000 plus 20,000 dollars of liens that she had against the property. he doesnt have that kind of money so is selling it to me. my mom will not let me do a walk thru of the property. my bro went in and said she has taken out the light fixtures and the stove that he can see. she took out the carpet and has left just the plywood floor. has torn the paint from parts of the walls. my fathers lawyer told me to just sign it without the walk thru and pay him 3500 then he will take my mom back to court for contempt.??? what should i do?

Well the thing is I dont really have one. I didnt use a realtor. I just used a generic purchase agreement with the husband(my dad) he has told me that i can go in for the final walk thru but she refuses to let me in for it. plus she tearing stuff up already. taking out the lights. taking the stove. taking the carpet.

Well the thing is I dont really have one. I didnt use a realtor. I just used a generic purchase agreement with the husband(my dad) he has told me that i can go in for the final walk thru but she refuses to let me in for it. plus she tearing stuff up already. taking out the lights. taking the stove. taking the carpet.

Then you are at the mercy of the owners.

what can the husband (dad) owner do? could the police make her let us in since the house is his and he has to sell it?

This is not a criminal matter.

This is a civil matter.

You chose not to have yourself protected by a contract.

Therefore, you are at the mercy of the owners.

Period.

End of story.

Even if.

deposit return

I gave $20,000. to a developer 2 years ago. He has been telling me for the past 2 months the properties were never built and he is in court trying to get the buyers deposit back. Im concerned he will file bankruptcy and I wont get my money. What can I do?

Q: What can I do?

A: Start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back