Problems with insurance company

Status
Not open for further replies.

s84pearce

My wife was T-boned in a parking lot when "x" failed to yield at a stop sign. The police were called, but opted not to respond, since it is considered "private property." I notified my insurance company that my vehicle was involved in an accident. The following morning, i called "x's" insurance company to file a claim. they seemed snippy until i informed them that there was video surveillance. then they couldn't do enough. i was informed that i would be receiving a call within 24 hours, a rental car would be provided, blah, blah, blah. never heard back from them. i have called every other day since then, left voicemail upon voicemail, called and requested supervisors only to go nowhere, or get hung up on. "x's" insurance company is out of state and according to the BBB has a rating of F.

i understand that my insurance company will pay for my vehicle to be repaired, but what is the best course of action to try and recoup the loss of value to my vehicle; pay the medical bills and compensation for the injury my wife received (whiplash and severe back pain); the costs i have incurred with having to provide my wife with another vehicle, insurance; etc?

My wife was T-boned in a parking lot when "x" failed to yield at a stop sign. The police were called, but opted not to respond, since it is considered "private property." I notified my insurance company that my vehicle was involved in an accident. The following morning, i called "x's" insurance company to file a claim. they seemed snippy until i informed them that there was video surveillance. then they couldn't do enough. i was informed that i would be receiving a call within 24 hours, a rental car would be provided, blah, blah, blah. never heard back from them. i have called every other day since then, left voicemail upon voicemail, called and requested supervisors only to go nowhere, or get hung up on. "x's" insurance company is out of state and according to the BBB has a rating of F.

i understand that my insurance company will pay for my vehicle to be repaired, but what is the best course of action to try and recoup the loss of value to my vehicle; pay the medical bills and compensation for the injury my wife received (whiplash and severe back pain); the costs i have incurred with having to provide my wife with another vehicle, insurance; etc?

Subrogation, dear poster, seek subrogation by reporting the incident to your insurance carrier.

That's why you buy insurance to use in times such as you now face.

Call your insurance carrier, report the matter, file a claim, and they'll deal with the other person's carrier.

Just so you know, just because you think X was at fault, and just because X may have said, "Yeah, bro, it was my fault. I take responsibility, and here's my insurance, Cheatum, Lie, & Steal."

The insurance company may have heard another story from their insured, X.

X's insurer owes you nothing.

They'll pay, only if they have to, sometimes.

They sometimes say, take us to court and sue X.

There is much you don't know about X and Cheatum, Lie, & Steal.

X may have not paid his premium.

X may have cancelled his insurance, or Cheatum, Lie, and Steal may have booted X.

So, back to beginning, start with your insurer, Safe In Mother's Arms.

Tell them the story, ask them to make you whole by subrogating against X and Cheatum, Lie, & Steal.

"x"s insurance has said they have made SEVERAL attemps via email, phone calls, and letters to contact "x" all with no reply. Is that illegal for "x" to do, evade his insuarance after causing an accident? What can I do about this?

I would still let your ins. company handle this.

"x"s insurance has said they have made SEVERAL attemps via email, phone calls, and letters to contact "x" all with no reply. Is that illegal for "x" to do, evade his insuarance after causing an accident? What can I do about this?

You're attaching legal significance and/or drawing a legal conclusion in regards to a failure to act by X.

Does X's failure to act hamper you?

And, even if his alleged failure to act harms you, does he have a legal duty to act?

Why engage in 1L academic discussions, when you could simply contact your insurer?

You ARE insured right?

Subrogation.

yes, just very frustrated by the circumstance and all the inconvenience it has cause. feel like im getting shafted from both ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back