Problems with credit reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjos

I'm a cosigner for my brother in law. Hey bought a trailer in 1999, he used Green Tree to buy the trailer. I have found out(the hard way) that he has been late on his payments over thirty days. BUT, Green Tree has not reported these untill two months ago. So basicly my credit was destroyed in one day. Can they do this? If they would only have reported the first late payment five years ago in 1999 then I could have stopped the late payments and could have had good credit by now. Who can I go to about this, if anyone? Please e-mail me at jjosandr9@aol.com. Thanks.Or just post here, but I prefer the e-mail, I just hope I can find my way back to this site.

Last edited:
There is no question that you are liable, unfortunately. But were you supposed to be notified per the paperwork? Did you discuss the contents of your agreement? What happened with regard to your credit report and did you discuss correction with the debtor if a mistake was made?

jjos said:
I'm a cosigner for my brother in law. Hey bought a trailer in 1999, he used Green Tree to buy the trailer. I have found out(the hard way) that he has been late on his payments over thirty days. BUT, Green Tree has not reported these untill two months ago. So basicly my credit was destroyed in one day. Can they do this? If they would only have reported the first late payment five years ago in 1999 then I could have stopped the late payments and could have had good credit by now. Who can I go to about this, if anyone? Please e-mail me at jjosandr9@aol.com. Thanks.Or just post here, but I prefer the e-mail, I just hope I can find my way back to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back