Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Problematic Neighbor-need advice please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

medchic2005

I am having a problem with my next door neighbor and need advice. Since the day I moved into my house, about 4 and a half years ago, I have received non-stop complaints from her. She is a single, middle aged lady who lives by herself. I have never received complaints from any other neighbor, and my other neighbors are really wonderful people. Understanding that it is better to try to be amicable with people who live next door, I used to try to somewhat appease her complaints and pass them off as something a bored or lonely woman potentially uses to fill her day.

However, for the past 6 months or so it has been getting much worse. She accused my husband and I of negligence towards our dogs (completely untrue of course). She purchased her own dog food and being a stranger to our two large dogs, trespassed into our backyard and fed them. We politely asked her not to do this again and hung a no trespassing sign up, but since I have witnessed her on 3 separate occasions throwing food items over our fence to our dogs. I did contact the local SPCA and report this.

We are also doing some remodeling to our home, which I think has provoked the situation. We have been working with the City Planning Dept. The neighbor has came in and formally submitted 2 separate "bogus" complaints about us. (We know about these because my husband was actually there during one and she didn't notice him, and we were told about the other by a friend of ours that works for the city). Also, we had to present a project to the city planning comission, and of course this neighbor showed up and literally used the words "white trash" and some other descriptors to show her diapproval of us. Since then, she has come to our front door three time in three days upset that our nanny, who is an elderly lady with no air conditioning in her car, has been parking in a shady spot on the street which is between her house and her other neighbor.

My husband and I are both educated people, I'm a physician and he is a teacher, and are really starting to get frustrated by the situation, and the neigbor's comfort at making ludicriss complaints to city/governement agencies. How do you suggest that we handle this? We have a daughter, who the nanny is home with during the day. How do I get this neighbor to stop coming to the door and harassing my nanny who is there to take care of our daughter and not to deal with her? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Next time she comes on to the property, have the nanny call the police. No traspassing means No trespassing. Maybe when she gets cited for trespassing she will learn.

I agree, call the police

You need to document everything she is doing, build up a file.

These situations can either escalate or go away quickly with police intervention.

file a complaint with cops

I had a problemetic neighbor, with her harrassing me, which is a first degree mis. in Florida here, so I filed a complaint with the police and was told if she bothered me again I had the option of having her put in jail. Thankfully she moved out a week later. I would also see about getting a restraining order? May not happen but helps to ask. Trust me, have had my fair share of bad neighbors so i feel for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back