Problem with My Bank - One Check Issued Twice

M

motaha

Jurisdiction
Colorado
Hi, I have a problem with my Bank and want to check if you can help me out on this matter. The problem I have is that, they have issued out of my checking account one personal check twice . The check # 118 issued out twice first time on Sept 6 , 2016 and second time on Dec 12, 2016. It is same exact check with same number and same amount and same everything. I wonder how known bank have no validation on their system to check simple thing like this. My Problem, I cannot trust that bank anymore and I would like to sue this bank about the loss of credibility. I know if I call them they will refund my check in a min, but again it is loss of credibility that I wan to address here. I have downloaded the banks statements that shows this check appear twice during couple of months.

There is no cause of action for loss of credibility.

Call the bank and get the mistake corrected.

If you no longer trust the bank, find another bank.

It's that simple.

Last edited:
Mistakes happen. Contact the bank to have the mistake/error corrected. That's about it. You can bank elsewhere in the future if you desire.

Is it at all possible that the first time it bounced and the recipient re-deposited the check a second time (which is if it bounced the first time)? Did it actually reduce your bank balance the first time?

Or is it possible the recipient ran the same check through twice -- with new smartphone banking apps, I often wonder how this doesn't happen more often...

The best you can do is call the bank and ask that they research and fix the error. Mistakes happen. You will never find a bank that won't occasionally have a mistake --- after all they are only human too (well, mostly)

Back