Parole, Probation Probation/

Newports

Jurisdiction
Illinois
My friend had court today and this is what it says online what does it mean I'm confused. "

CASE CALLED. ASA PENTUIC APPEARS FOR THE STATE. DEFENDANT APPEARS IN CUSTODY, ON THE VA. STATE FILES SECOND AMENDED PETITION TO REVOKE PROBATION IN OPEN COURT. COPY OF THE SECOND AMENDED PETITION TO REVOKE PROBATION IS FURNISHED TO HIM. SAME IS READ AND EXPLAINED. MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PENALTY, RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY AND RIGHT TO COUNSEL ARE ALL EXPLAINED. PUBLIC DEFENDER IS APPOINTED, CLERK TO NOTIFY THE PUBLIC DEFENDERS OFFICE. BOND SET AT $75,000 - 10% TO APPLY. SEE MITTIMUS. CASE IS CONTINUED TO 10-30-2017 AT 9:30AM. nd
10/26/2017 SECOND AMENDED PETITION TO REVOKE PROBATION FILED BY STATE'S ATTORNEY
10/26/2017 MITTIMUS FOR FAILURE TO GIVE BAIL SIGNED AND FAXED. nd
10/26/2017 CASE SCHEDULED Event: PLEA FOR PTR Date: 10/30/2017 Time: 9:30 am
10/26/2017 NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER FILED PD OFFICE NOTIFIED AND NOTICE GENERATED Sent on: 10/26/2017 14:46:12.06

Probation hearing scheduled to revoke probation.

It appears the state of Virginia is involved, public defender is appointed, another hearing to be held 10/30.

Bond set at $75K.

Wrong state it's Illinois what does the term martinis for failure to give bond

"martinis" is a TYPO on your part or an alcoholic mixed drink preferred by the movie character James Bond, shaken, not stirred.

I read it as "mittimus", which is a writ compelling the county sheriff to confine the person named in the writ.

IL requires a mittimus for each person to be lodged on criminal charges.

There are other ways for the sheriff of the county to incarcerate someone, but mittimus applies to those such as your pal.

From your top post: "ON THE VA. STATE FILES SECOND AMENDED PETITION TO REVOKE PROBATION IN OPEN COURT"

I read VA, as Virginia, therefore; "ON THE Virginia STATE FILES [the] SECOND AMENDED PETITION TO REVOKE PROBATION IN OPEN COURT.

Yes, I understand the defendant is in custody in IL, according to your post.

That doesn't mean that he/she/it wasn't in IL on VA probation, then allegedly did something to cause VA to initiate a revocation hearing.

You can call the court clerk or the jail and seek clarification on the exact nature of the charges, bond amount (if any), and next court date.

Between the jail and the court, your questions should be answered.

Back