Probation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takingtime

01/30/15
I received a phone this morning from a collection agency,informing me that I hadn't paid my debt with Yakima probation office. This issue was handled over six years ago, and they told me that I hadn't paid the final amount. I called the probation office, trying to find why it took so long to get ahold of me about this debt and that I had paid it off. It's been six years sense this happened and I don't have a receipt to prove it. I know that I have paid it in full and now I would like to know if there is a SOL on this issue

With criminal matters, a fine may be a part of a sentence or a plea agreement. If not paid, there is no compliance. That wouldn't be a statute of limitations matter but fulfillment of a plea agreement with the court. Given that it's a criminal matter with the court, you may be better off paying it (and ensuring that any potential penalties and interest are waived) and having satisfaction in full. I am not 100% certain about this and you may wish to consult with a local attorney about this issue. Good luck.

Generally there is also a required court appearance to formally release you. It should have come up at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back