Parole, Probation probation for a misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiisa

about 5 years ago my husband was arrested for a misdemeanor. he was given probation and had to attend a series of classes (this was before we got married). When we got married I was living overseas so he left California in violation of his probation.

So.. a couple of questions. Is there a way to pay a fine to get him out of trouble on violating his probation? Is there a statute of limitations on this?

Just how much trouble is he in?

shiisa said:
about 5 years ago my husband was arrested for a misdemeanor. he was given probation and had to attend a series of classes (this was before we got married). When we got married I was living overseas so he left California in violation of his probation.

So.. a couple of questions. Is there a way to pay a fine to get him out of trouble on violating his probation? Is there a statute of limitations on this?

Just how much trouble is he in?
As far as I know, there is no statute of limitations. Logically, this is because the State couldn't do anything to prosecute their claim which would be your husband's violation of his probation. He left the state. You may want to speak to an attorney about how this might best be worked out, perhaps with an additional plea agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back