Parole, Probation Probation before case is even tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoghunter

I have a little problem that I need some advise on if anyone can give me a little. On May 18th at about 4:30 in the afternoon, I had a knock on my door. I opened it and saw two cops standing there, one of them ask who I was, so I told him. He said that he had three warrants for my arrest, and I didn't have a clue that I had even broke any laws. Turns out that I had three warrants for harassment, all three of them were issued on May 11th . He said that my ex girlfriend had filed it on me. That was the first time that I had heard anything about it. Shouldn't someone have had to warn me or something? How can you have three charges for harassing one person all in one day? I didn't know anything about it, I have on my caller id where she called me on May 17th two times from her house and once from her work, and on the 18th she called two times from her work and once from her house. She also came to my house on the 17th even though I had warrants for harassing her since the 11th. That is only half of it, when I arrived at jail they told me that the bond was pre-set at $500 per charge and then ask if I was going to bail out. I told them yes and then I was handed a paper and was told to sign it. While I was reading it he said "by the way if you don't sign that you can't bond out". On the top of the paper it said CONDITIONS OF BOND. It said that I had to go report to the probation department before 4:00pm the next day and that had to report to the probation dept once a month and pay the probation dept $40 each time I reported. It said that I had to be inside my residents by 9:00pm and remain there until 6:00am the following morning every night, and that I had to submit a urine drug test (at my own expense) if they requested one. It also said they could come in my house to inspect it if they wanted to. The list went on and on. Now my question is how can it possibly be legal for them to put me on probation for something that I have not even been convicted of? I have not ever been charged or convicted of any crime before in my life. If I would have been caught driving drunk, or stealing or anything where I was caught red handed while committing a crime would be different, but I am charged with this just because she merely alleged that I harassed her. So how can I be put on probation for something just because someone said that I did something wrong, and I have not been convicted of yet? They haven't even set a court date yet and it has been 3months since this has all began. Is there anything I can do about this or anyone that I can file a complaint with that might help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back