Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant probable cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidejobber

The state or country I am talking about is: ca.

I was pulled over for expired tags, when the officer came to my window i gave him the reg. and my expired drivers licence, he was behind my truck writing the ticket, another motorcycle officer pulled up, the officer told me to step behind the veh. so he could explain the ticket, i did, the officer told me he was going to have my vehicle towed, then said he was going to put me in handcuffs (for his safety) while he searched my truck, he spent a few mins, going through the center console, came back and said i found your "meth pipe" he went back and searched for more, i told him their was some guns in the backseat, in a csrrying case, two were loaded, two were not, he then arressted me, while i was being booked, the officer told me he used to be a narcotics officer, and when he first came to my truck, he noticed a lighter i had, ( novelty lighter in the shape of a gun) and said he knew he would find something, after i was booked and put in jail, bail was being posted, the police called the bondsman and told them to give the bail back, they let me go, and gave me a ticket, no driver lic., proof of ins., expired reg., concealed weapon in veh. loaded concealed weapon in veh. and poss. of paraphnelia, i know they had the right to inventory my veh. cause they were towing it, however they didnt inventory it or have any intention of doing it, i wouldnt think you would cuff someone for that, i was cooperative, didnt argue just let them do their thing, did the officer have the right to search my truck like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back