private car deal gone wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindsite2020

here's what happened: I sent out this email June 9th.
I hate to send out one of those "everyone" emails but, I am looking for an older automatic trans car for my sister who is having knee surgery and will not be able to drive her straight drive car for a long while. Surgery is scheduled ten days from now so, I really need to find something soon. If anyone sees or knows of a good used car for sale, please, please, let me know. thank you all!
Ellen in APS
next email:
-- OY! Have I ever done something totally stupid! I was in a pinch---well, I'm still in a pinch. My sister has had her knee surgery and has no way to get back and forth to Drs appts or physical therapy. Thank goodness for family. Here's the stupid part. On Friday, someone in WQ came to me regarding my need for a car. She did tell me that the air cond. did not work and was too expensive to convert however, she said that she had gotten by, by just charging it up at the beginning of the summer and it would just about last the season. Other folks in the office as well as my sister also heard her say this. So, I am now assuming that the air cond. would hold a charge. I thought well, she's nice enough, she works with me, I'm in a hurry, I told her to hold it for me. that I would buy it- here en lies the big mistake- I believed her and on Wednesday, June 14th I bought it without having driven it or had it checked out first! Dumb-dumb-dumb! I trusted her. So, I bought it on Wednesday and then, my sister had it checked out on Friday, June 16th. The air cond. was holy enough to go to church!!! It would not hold a charge for a second, let alone a month or so. There are other issues with the car as well. Said person will not take the car back. I'm out $$$'s
lesson #1- never be in a hurry-always test drive. #2-don't trust an acquaintance at work- even if you have worked with them for three years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back