Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions

Jaredpi

Hello all, I am new to this forum.
These past couple months I have been working on a website (in my free time, for my own interest) where members can post their artwork, and other members can download them for free for their own personal use (such as for inspiration, to frame and hang on a wall, et cetera).
I am finished with this site, except for a Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions. That is what I need help with, before I pay for a domain name and release it.
Privacy Policy:
-This website uses cookies.
-This website has ads.
-What this website collects: Email, Name (first and last), age range (ex. 20-29), Location (optional), gender, and brief bio (optional) along with any posts they create (which includes the image, image title, and a description for the piece, and any comments they make.).
-Members can view all of the above on the person's profile, and download any image.
-Non-members can view images, but not download, and also view only the poster's name, and the post's title and description.
-I may need to contact members directly through their email to resolve any problems with their accounts, but not with spam.
T&C:
-Basically, nothing obscene posted, or profanity used. Such things will be deleted from the site without warning.
-Artwork that is not deemed artistic ('requested for a pull' by enough members) will be irrevocably deleted from the site without the owner's approval or foreknowledge.
-Members know the risks of allowing their artwork to be freely downloadable (by other members).
-Members know the risks of having their information shared through their profiles (to other members)
-Members or visitors will not use other's art for any commercial use.
-Basically, I will have no liability for any problems (digital theft, forgery, et cetera) that arise from using this site.

Sorry if this may seem a little vague, but I looked into how to write a Privacy Policy and T&C and still have no clue where to start with creating them (that satisfy the legal requirements and clear me of any liability).
I also looked into online PP and T&C generators, but they are too expensive for my hobby budget ;)
Just a nudge in the right direction, or some clarity, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jared

Non-members can view images, but not download

How will you keep non-members from taking a screen shot of the image?

Members or visitors will not use other's art for any commercial use.

You might want to put something in there about contributors giving a limited license for the use of their images. The more specific you are about what members can do with the images, the better it will be for contributors claiming damages for what they can't do.

Basically, I will have no liability for any problems (digital theft, forgery, et cetera) that arise from using this site.

Just saying your not liable doesn't make you not liable. Disclaimers like that might discourage some but not those who suffer severe monetary damage from your negligence. No one can predict how or when something like that might happen. Just understand that you are never completely risk free.

I'm not quite sure what you're question is, but I think you would be well-advised at least to consult with a local attorney.

Hello, thank you for the replies.
Given the above, and focusing on the Privacy Policy, would a Privacy Policy such as this suffice, or is there something glaringly wrong or missing?
I wrote this from several 'template' ones. I am a little unsure of the first paragraph (does this website operate this website if it's not a company?)
Thank you.

Attachments

• privacy-policy.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
Hello, thank you for the replies.
Given the above, and focusing on the Privacy Policy, would a Privacy Policy such as this suffice, or is there something glaringly wrong or missing?
I wrote this from several 'template' ones. I am a little unsure of the first paragraph (does this website operate this website if it's not a company?)
Thank you.

You need REAL legal advice from an attorney you hire.

Don't trust any legal advice received for FREE from unknown to you people, maybe even Russkie bots.

Back