Primary Business Activity on LLC registration form

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelfMadeStartup

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK

I'm applying to create an LLC on legalzoom.com and filling out the application. One of the questions is "Which of the following best describes the company's primary business activity?" There is a list of categories to choose from. The form then asks me to describe my primary business activity.

The rep from legalzoom I spoke with over the phone
said it can be short description. I'm planning on creating a blog that has a database of pics and info on interesting places to travel. Eventually down the road I plan to profit from online advertising. So should I "choose education and instruction" or "advertising and marketing" for my primary business activity? And what should I state when asked to describe that activity? A buddy of mine that's a CPA said to keep it as broad as possible. He advised me to put sales as the primary business activity.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

California LLCs are required to choose a name which, according to the state's Articles of Incorporation (Form LLC-1), "must end with the words, 'Limited Liability Company' or the abbreviations 'LLC' or 'L.L.C.'" The name cannot include the words "corporation," "corp.," "incorporated," "inc.," "trust," "trustee" or "bank" or any language which implies that the company issues insurance policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back