Previous CPS case with return to father that ended up in RTC

kcal

Jurisdiction
Texas
I am fictive Aunt. I know it seems like I should not even be attempting this endeavor. The father has regained custody of the 4 children. The mother will not complete the requirements to get her children or even visitation reinstated. Before the state case closed he stated he couldn't deal with the children anymore in court in testimony. They left the children to deal with this. A week after the return of the children he had the 6 year old placed in psychiatric care. the 5 year old placed on adhd meds. The 10 year old was already on adhd meds. The now 14 year old is who I need to regain custody of. She has been placed in an RTC because of behavioral issues. She has never been a behavioral issue. My gut feeling and im sure it can be supported is that he has decided to keep the child from maternal family including myself and place her in LONG term psychiatric care. This case is very deep and I can support everything I say. How would I go about getting someone involved so that I can get her back into my home and into a stable loving home? Every worker I dealt with would support that the child should not be in that facility and that she was thriving in my home. Last thing is I am a licensed foster parent as well. I have had 14 placements and have NEVER had a bad child.

How would I go about getting someone involved so that I can get her back into my home and into a stable loving home?

You HIRE yourself a lawyer.

Upon paying the lawyer a $5,000 (give or take) fee, you'll receive a signed retainer detailing what the attorney will attempt to do on your behalf.

Of course, no guaranteed outcome is assured, but a genuine effort on your behalf will be initiated.

Generally such outcomes don't change the status quo, but you are free to try.

You HIRE yourself a lawyer.

Upon paying the lawyer a $5,000 (give or take) fee, you'll receive a signed retainer detailing what the attorney will attempt to do on your behalf.

Of course, no guaranteed outcome is assured, but a genuine effort on your behalf will be initiated.

Generally such outcomes don't change the status quo, but you are free to try.

Should I hire an attorney for my niece?

You hire the lawyer to pursue your attempt to obtain custody of your niece.

Thank you, wasn't sure. I have an appointment with an attorney on June 12th. The retainer is roughly what you mentioned it would be. I don't care how much it is she needs to know someone out there loves and misses her.

Thank you, wasn't sure. I have an appointment with an attorney on June 12th. The retainer is roughly what you mentioned it would be. I don't care how much it is she needs to know someone out there loves and misses her.

That's about the rate in most places outside of New York City, DC, Los Angeles, or Chicago. LOL

Make sure the retainer spells out EXACTLY what will be done on your behalf, and it lists how the money will be spent for other expenses.

Back