Professional Malpractice Pressure sore on face after surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My daughter had brain surgery and when we seen her in the icu she had a pressure sore on her left cheek. It has been three weeks, the sore is pitted and looks like it will leave a nasty scar. Should I take any action against the hospital? She was in surgery for about 5 hours, is this normal?

Nowhere near enough information to say if this is normal or not. How old is your daughter?

My daughter had brain surgery and when we seen her in the icu she had a pressure sore on her left cheek. It has been three weeks, the sore is pitted and looks like it will leave a nasty scar. Should I take any action against the hospital? She was in surgery for about 5 hours, is this normal?

First, I hope you are seeking medical treatment for that dear child.

You need to have a doctor look at that & see what treatment might be needed. (if you haven't already) The dr. can also probably tell you how often/normal that is during/after surgery....

You need to discuss the sore with your doctor. The face has very sensitive skin and it might just be a reaction to medication used and need salve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back