Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse prescription fraud questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimj0192

A friend of mine Jody who lives in Cook County, IL was addicted to hydrocodone ( vicodin) pretty badly. When the Doctors cut her off she got so desperate for the drugs that she began to phone-in her own prescriptions, which made her addiction even worse. Eventually the pharmacies would catch on & not fill anymore. So then she began using family members names to get the drugs filled. One pharmacy called the police to investigate & they arrested her sister thinking she did it & did not believe her that she didn't until the cops went to Jody's house & she admitted that it was her. She fully cooperated with the investigator & police officer telling them everything she had done including things they didn't even know about such as all the pharmacies where she used her own name. The police did not arrest her that day because of the children in her custody, The investigator was nice enough to let her set up a time to turn herself in. She spent one night at the Police Dept. Got bonded out the next day in court, returned to court the following day where the states attorney offered her drug school & all charges to be dropped since she has no criminal background at all. The charges were felony for obtaining a controlled substance through fraud. On the way to court the investigator told her we are only charging you with this one specific pharmacy, we know about the rest, but we are leaving them alone, were not even going to touch them. My friend had already been in treatment for 5 months before the arrest. I would like to know if my friend never does this again will she be free? or are these other pharmacies gonna get her in the future? She is just not sure why the investigator is not going after her for the other fraud. Is it because those pharmacies haven't filed a complaint or he feels she suffered enough & really believes she will stay in treatment & never do it again. She just wants it to be over with & not have to worry about going back to jail. Some of the pharmacies are located in different cities, she's wondering if she should call the police in those cities or leave it alone. Also if the pharmacies do go after her will she be in serious trouble this time or will the courts look at it as one incident or a prior incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back