prenup agreement

ferrari_love

Jurisdiction
New York
Hi my story is as follows. My fiancé wanted to do a prenup and these are all her points that she wants us to sign into a contract. I'd like to know how legally binding all this is in the court of law if i sign. (i've changed the names for purposes of anonymity)

1) John intends to support his wife (and children in the future) by contributing at least half of his monthly income. The same is not expected of Samantha, who will contribute to the household income as she feels comfortable.

2) Both John and Samantha are in agreement that they will be responsible for their own debts they have accumulated before and during marriage.

3) John agrees to purchase a house for Samantha upon completion of his Medical Training (fellowship) or working full time as an Attending physician, whichever comes first.

4) We both at this current time do not know what our parents will give us in inheritance, however, be both agree that we will both not make claim to each others inheritance regardless of when we receive it (before or during marriage).

5) John is giving a marriage gift of 30,000 USD to Samantha, without the intention of claiming it on a later date (after marriage).

6) John and Samantha both agree that if any unforeseen circumstances lead to one partner not being able to work, the financial responsibility will fall on the working partner.

7) At this current time we agree that if one of us passes away, our earnings will either be transferred to our children if we have any at the time or will be transferred to our parents respectively.

Hi my story is as follows. My fiancé wanted to do a prenup and these are all her points that she wants us to sign into a contract. I'd like to know how legally binding all this is in the court of law if i sign. (i've changed the names for purposes of anonymity)

1) John intends to support his wife (and children in the future) by contributing at least half of his monthly income. The same is not expected of Samantha, who will contribute to the household income as she feels comfortable.

2) Both John and Samantha are in agreement that they will be responsible for their own debts they have accumulated before and during marriage.

3) John agrees to purchase a house for Samantha upon completion of his Medical Training (fellowship) or working full time as an Attending physician, whichever comes first.

4) We both at this current time do not know what our parents will give us in inheritance, however, be both agree that we will both not make claim to each others inheritance regardless of when we receive it (before or during marriage).

5) John is giving a marriage gift of 30,000 USD to Samantha, without the intention of claiming it on a later date (after marriage).

6) John and Samantha both agree that if any unforeseen circumstances lead to one partner not being able to work, the financial responsibility will fall on the working partner.

7) At this current time we agree that if one of us passes away, our earnings will either be transferred to our children if we have any at the time or will be transferred to our parents respectively.

You don't need legal advice, you simply need a backbone, walk away, no RUN away now. Don't look back, don't say goodbye, just get.

You've got yourself a true gold digger. Why on earth would you even entertain such nonsense? You're a free man, insofar as this female is concerned, stay that way. This isn't love, buddy, you've been dehumanized. She sees you as an ATM.

Goodness - do you really want to sign that? I would discuss any prenup with a lawyer before signing.

Back