Pregnate sixteen year old daughter

Corwhit

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
My questions lie within the fathers rights. Before and after birth since he also is a minor. Will he have any rights before the age of 18? His parents are devorced, he lives back and forth between the two, do they have any rights?
They had just started dating when she became pregnate and since we found out in May at 10 weeks, both his parents have kicked him out so he continued to go back and forth between parents. He has yet nor has his parents helped her financially with any bills, so my concern is does my daughter have to let the child go stay with them after it's born? My daughter does not want to let her new born infant go and leave her but the father does want to be a part of this child's life. The father living here with her and the child is not an option. Her dad is not happy with any of this situation and since they are both 16, it is not on their best interest for them to shack up together as he calls it. She is 18 weeks and we are trying to sort out this situation and any help is greatly appreciated. I can't find any laws for under age fathers rights. Thank you

My questions lie within the fathers rights. Before and after birth since he also is a minor. Will he have any rights before the age of 18? His parents are devorced, he lives back and forth between the two, do they have any rights?
They had just started dating when she became pregnate and since we found out in May at 10 weeks, both his parents have kicked him out so he continued to go back and forth between parents. He has yet nor has his parents helped her financially with any bills, so my concern is does my daughter have to let the child go stay with them after it's born? My daughter does not want to let her new born infant go and leave her but the father does want to be a part of this child's life. The father living here with her and the child is not an option. Her dad is not happy with any of this situation and since they are both 16, it is not on their best interest for them to shack up together as he calls it. She is 18 weeks and we are trying to sort out this situation and any help is greatly appreciated. I can't find any laws for under age fathers rights. Thank you

Once there is a child born, if the mother is unmarried then any potential father has to establish his paternity in court. Until then he has no rights. It doesn't matter if he's 12 or 22. He will have rights once he goes to court and files to establish his paternity and will get a child support order. In fact he could file for custody if he wanted once he's established his rights. It also does not matter if his parents are divorced and no his parents have no rights over any of his children. Nor do YOU have any rights over your potential grandchild. You have control over your children. That's it.

They don't have to help with anything because right now he has no rights. He has no obligation to an embryo or a fetus. If he goes to court and gets rights established and a visitation order, she has no choice.

There are no laws about "underage father's rights" that's why you can't find them.

Once there is a child born, if the mother is unmarried then any potential father has to establish his paternity in court. Until then he has no rights. It doesn't matter if he's 12 or 22. He will have rights once he goes to court and files to establish his paternity and will get a child support order. In fact he could file for custody if he wanted once he's established his rights. It also does not matter if his parents are divorced and no his parents have no rights over any of his children. Nor do YOU have any rights over your potential grandchild. You have control over your children. That's it.

They don't have to help with anything because right now he has no rights. He has no obligation to an embryo or a fetus. If he goes to court and gets rights established and a visitation order, she has no choice.

There are no laws about "underage father's rights" that's why you can't find them.
Thank you

The flip side of that since you mentioned it... If you do want child support payments then you also (on behalf of the minor mother) can petition the court and seek a paternity test.
As noted above, until paternity is established by a court the father and his family have no rights whatsoever and there is no obligation to allow access to the mother or the infant.

Will he have any rights before the age of 18?

Every person has dozens of legal rights. I assume you meant to limit this question to parental rights regarding a child of whom he is supposedly the father?

When a child is born to an unmarried woman (or girl), no man has any parental rights until his paternity is established. Once paternity is established, the father will have rights regarding his child. That he is a minor doesn't change that.

His parents are devorced, he lives back and forth between the two, do they have any rights?

Rights regarding what? They have their parental rights regarding their child. Even if it is established that their child is your daughter's child's father, they will have no rights regarding their grandchild (although they probably could seek an order for third-party visitation).

He has yet nor has his parents helped her financially with any bills, so my concern is does my daughter have to let the child go stay with them after it's born?

First of all, neither the alleged father nor his parents have any legal obligation to pay anything to or on behalf of your daughter. As far as what happens after the child is born, that depends on the establishment of paternity. If your daughter does not voluntarily give the father visitation, he can (and should) seek a court order for it. Likewise, your daughter can (and should) seek a child support order. Of course, it's unlikely that a 16 year old will have much, if any, ability to pay child support, and payment is not a condition to visitation.

Back