Pregnant with my bosses baby and he fired me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceochs

I am 6 months pregnant with my bosses baby. He's been going thru with a nasty divorce going on two years and his wife told him if he didn't remove me from his life completely she would not sign the divorce papers. He fired me on New Year's Eve so I will also lose my medical insurance and my baby is due in 2 months. What can I do?

I am 6 months pregnant with my bosses baby. He's been going thru with a nasty divorce going on two years and his wife told him if he didn't remove me from his life completely she would not sign the divorce papers. He fired me on New Year's Eve so I will also lose my medical insurance and my baby is due in 2 months. What can I do?

Well, first you focus on delivering a healthy, happy baby; as well as taking care of yourself, mom to be.
While you're doing all that, you speak to a couple lawyers about obtaining child support.
You'll eventually have to engage the state child support organization to help you get daddy suspect number one tested to PROVE his paternity.
Once that's done, your boss will owe you child support for the baby, assuming he's the baby daddy.
As far as being fired, when you speak with those lawyers tell them how you came to be pregnant, who you claim impregnated you, and see what advice you're given.
Good luck.
Oh, that lie he told you about his wife not signing unless he dumped you, he's lying to you.
I do wish you well.

And I'll address the employment law side of things. Though I agree with AJ that you should discuss this with an attorney.

2 issues.

1.) Health insurance. If your employer had 20 or more employees you MUST be allowed the opportunity to continue your health insurance at your own expense. It will NOT be cheap but it will be cheaper than paying the entire out of pocket cost of your delivery. There is also, in your state, a state continuance program that is available to employees of all size employers as long as they are fully insured plans.

http://www.nh.gov/insurance/consumers/cons_hi_cont_cov.htm

2.) You may - repeat, may, not do - have a sexual harassment claim. This is something you should DEFINITELY discuss with a lawyer. If the full facts, which you should NOT post here, indicate that you have a valid claim, you will need to file with either the state commission of human rights or the Federal EEOC. YOU CANNOT FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST HIM UNTIL YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO SUE LETTER FROM ONE OR BOTH AGENCIES. There is a time limit with which to file such a claim so do not waste time. While you still have several months, you should get right on this for two reasons - (a) the longer you delay, the harder it is to prove and (b) in a few months you're going to be very busy and you don't want to let this slide.

If you do not have an option to continue insurance support, go see a welfare caseworker to get Medicaid and advise them who you believe the father to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back