Pregnant 17 parents wont let me moveout

Status
Not open for further replies.

somebody16

I am 16, soon to be 17... and i just found out i am pregnant. My boyfreind and i have decided to keep the baby. (we are aware that it is not going to be easy at all) My parents will not let me move out, and are planning on sending me to some nun convint or something... I was wondering if there is any legal way for me to move out... besides amancipating myself; because i hear that is near impossible.:confused:

Nope your parents have total control over where you live. Not only that they can legall keep your BF away from you. by the way how old is the BF and what state is this in?

No. The law is not on your side in this one. You live where your parents say you live until you are 18.

And yes, whatever slim chance you ever had of being emancipated vanished as soon as you got pregnant.

More bad news. Since age of consent in AZ is 18 your Bf is legally a sex offender or rapist and go to jail. Your Doctor is a mandated reporter and must by law report he unlawful act to authorites. Your Bf is looking at jail time and lifetime registration as sex offender. Not to mention what they might do to him in jail. Running away to another state with him will only add charges

Arizona

§ 13-1405
Sexual conduct with a minor to engage in sexual intercourse with someone under age 18.
(1) If the minor is under age 15, five years in prison; (2) if the offender is at least age 18 or is tried as an adult and the minor was age 12 or younger, life in prison and the offender is ineligible for release until serving 35 years; (3) if the offender is at least 18 or tried as an adult and the victim is age 12, 13, or 14, the presumptive sentence is 20 years; or (4) if the minor is at least age 15, it is punishable by one year in prison

Here is the bottom line.

There is NOTHING you can do to leave home and get married without your parents' consent. NOTHING.

Whether your boyfriend will or will not end up in jail is too situation specific to answer on a message board, but there is NO POSSIBLE WAY, no matter how many what-ifs you mention, that you can get married as a minor without parental consent. Not by running away to another state, not by anything. The laws have been changing and the days when you could cross the state line and get married in a more lenient state are over.

Whatever may happen about previous events, now that your boyfriend is 18 if you cross state lines with him now he IS facing Federal charges, so you don't want to go that route.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back