Pregnancy

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Yes I'm 13... I'm pregnant it wasn't meant to happen but I was wondering if I had a right to pick where I wanted to live? I really want to live with the baby daddy so the baby can grow up with it's daddy. Let me know asap

Yes I'm 13... I'm pregnant it wasn't meant to happen but I was wondering if I had a right to pick where I wanted to live? I really want to live with the baby daddy so the baby can grow up with it's daddy. Let me know asap

One might say that if you continue to defy your parent(s) or guardian(s) a juvenile court judge will decide where you live and for how long.

If that happens, where the baby will live, and with whom will also be decided for you.

I hope the alleged father of the fetus isn't an adult, for your sake.

Sweetheart, unless the child's father is 15 or under there's a very good chance that he's going to jail, and even if he doesn't there is not even a remote chance that a 13 year old will be allowed to move out. No, getting pregnant does not give you the right to choose where you live. You live exactly where your parents say you live until you are 18.

Then he's not going to go to jail. But there is not even the remotest ghost of a hope of a chance that you will be living anywhere except exactly where your parents say, so get any idea that you and he will be allowed to live together right out of your head. It's not going to happen.

Um - no. Being pregnant as a child doesn't mean you get more rights. You control your child once you deliver it. That's it. Your parents/guardians whoever has custody of you - they will control you until you are 18.

The fact you are 13 and you are having sex means you need more supervision. I sure hope your parents have gotten on your ass about this. Do you realize how big of a responsibility it is to have a child - especially when YOU are still a child? You're only 13 years old. Say goodbye to having a life and don't expect your parents to raise this child for you. Although I'm not sure they should raise anymore kids...

In five years, then you can be with that boy when you're 18. Until then nope. Honestly if you're not that far I'd recommend looking at your options.

I wouldn't be surprised if he and his parents suddenly disappeared. Your child is an expense they may not be willing to take on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the one that has the finger of papahood pointed at him ISN'T the father.

I watch Maury, and kept statistics over the last three years, it's running about 50/50 when it comes to GUESSING who did the deed.

Here's a thought that doesn't seem to have been raised but I know it's on everyone's mind. Who will provide a home, food and clothing for you, the father and the child? And there is also school that both of you are supposed to attend, full time. In terms of rights, it's sad that a child cannot choose its parents and is brought into the world at their mercy.

The last thing you should be thinking about is your rights. If you're going to have this child, then consider the fact that the rights and needs of the child are going to come before yours -- for at least the next 19 years.

Here's a thought that doesn't seem to have been raised but I know it's on everyone's mind. Who will provide a home, food and clothing for you, the father and the child? And there is also school that both of you are supposed to attend, full time. In terms of rights, it's sad that a child cannot choose its parents and is brought into the world at their mercy.

The last thing you should be thinking about is your rights. If you're going to have this child, then consider the fact that the rights and needs of the child are going to come before yours -- for at least the next 19 years.

I can't message anyone so I'm posting here - can you message me about the parent nook forum?

Back