Permanent Residency Pregnancy and VAWA green card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

does getting pregnant, by another, while still married to the K-1 sponsor USC, help a VAWA domestic violence/abuse filing for adjustment of staus to get temporary green card with USCIS adjucators? will vermont be less likely to deport/ more likely to approve, the beneficiary, if she is pregnant/has kid, from new man, who is not her husband? under VAWA it is not allowed to re-marry until after approval, correct?

does getting pregnant, by another, while still married to the K-1 sponsor USC, help a VAWA domestic violence/abuse filing for adjustment of staus to get temporary green card with USCIS adjucators? will vermont be less likely to deport/ more likely to approve, the beneficiary, if she is pregnant/has kid, from new man, who is not her husband? under VAWA it is not allowed to re-marry until after approval, correct?

Until the child is born, it'll be all but impossible to know who fathered the child.

But, until there is scientific evidence put forth to rebut it, the HUSBAND is the child's putative father.

I suggest all of the parties involved in this matter (husband and wife) seek the advice of an attorney.

If the husband doesn't take legal action, he could get stuck with paying for another man's child for 20 years.

The wife also needs an attorney, although I know of no legal sanction against someone with visa status for copulating outside of their marriage.

I suspect there will be legal difficulty for several parties after the child is born.

Bottom line, this is going to become a mess, a mess much bigger than a Green card or the legal right to stay in the USA.

In the name of everything right, there is an innocent baby awaiting arrival on this planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back