preganat

rkb7991

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I am 8 weeks pregnant with my boyfriends child. He is an immigrant from Mexico. He came here on a work visa which has expired. He was given the SSN that came with the work visa. I was wondering if putting him on the birth certificate would create problems. Would it risk him being deported? I love him very much and want to get married to him but I don't know how that would work or if it should be done before or after I give birth. I want my baby to have their father in their life and want to do whatever I can to make him legal so we can have our family.

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my boyfriends child. He is an immigrant from Mexico. He came here on a work visa which has expired. He was given the SSN that came with the work visa. I was wondering if putting him on the birth certificate would create problems. Would it risk him being deported? I love him very much and want to get married to him but I don't know how that would work or if it should be done before or after I give birth. I want my baby to have their father in their life and want to do whatever I can to make him legal so we can have our family.

You might want to be careful.
You birthing a child does NOTHING to make him legal.
The child born here becomes a US citizen, but that's does NOT legalize the alleged father.

You might want to be careful.
You birthing a child does NOTHING to make him legal.
The child born here becomes a US citizen, but that's does NOT legalize the alleged father.
So putting him on the birth certificate may create problems? And thank you for responding.

So putting him on the birth certificate may create problems? And thank you for responding.

Putting a man's name on a birth certificate these days is a meaningless gesture.

If the unmarried male wants to establish paternity for a child fathered OUT OF WEDLOCK, he should take a DNA test done under the sanction of a court, or the state's child services agency.

If the DNA test proves him to be the father, then he should seek court ordered visitation and child support.

Establishing paternity has nothing to do with becoming a legal visitor, resident, or citizen of the USA.

Back