Pre-school did not refund the fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan2014

My Child used to go to Primrose school since august last year on a 5 half day schedule. I used to pay the advance tution fees by Tuesday every week. The agreement paper that i signed during admission states that i am supposed to give 2 weeks notice when withdrawing the child and that the tution fees/payment is to reserve the slot so i am liable to pay even if my child is not in (for sick or whatever reason). This year in May 2nd week, my child fell sick for a week and i requested concession or waiver for the week's tution fees which was declined by the owner quoting their policy not to make exceptions and business standpoint. So i agreed to pay them the past dues but also served the withdrawal notice. I also changed my child from 5 half day to 2 half days for next 2 weeks (notice period duration). Then i realized that there had been 3 snow days in february that the school was closed (coz they follow the county school's schedule) and for which they are making up by in the final week by not charging parents for 3 days. The school management told me that the 3 days slot had already been paid by me but they will not refund me coz i am withdrawing my child before that week. My point is that since we pay to reserve our child's slot for the week, this 3 days slot has been paid 4 months in advance. The fact that my child was withdrawn before that week enables them to plan the expenses accordingly so they donot incur the cost for his slot which has already been paid. They should refund the money to me but they are not willing to. I feel grossly cheated & treated unfairly by them . The 3 days tution fees is not bothering me as much as their their unfair attitude. Will my argument/appeal stand in small claims court if a case is filed. My sole purpose is to teach them a lesson so they donot protect themselves under the wording of their policies.

Nope. It won't. The paying whether the child is there or not is actually pretty typical for daycares and the contract is what you signed agreeing to those terms and conditions.

You have to go by whatever is in the agreement/contract that you signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back