Prayer for Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

seymour

I received a ticket in NC a year and a half ago. I received a Prayer for Judgement. Was told no points or insurance increase. I live in Indiana. I now have points on my license and an insurance increase due to the ticket in NC. No other tickets. Indiana does not know what a prayer for judgement is. How do I correct my record in Indiana? I can not get an Attorney in NC to return my call. The orginal Attorney is now employed by legal aid and can not help. My Indiana Attorney can't get anywhere with the Indiana DMV or NC DMV. HELP

North Carolina Speeding Ticket

I received a ticket in NC a year and a half ago. I received a Prayer for Judgement. Was told no points or insurance increase. I live in Indiana. I now have points on my license and an insurance increase due to the ticket in NC. No other tickets. Indiana does not know what a prayer for judgement is. How do I correct my record in Indiana? I can not get an Attorney in NC to return my call. The orginal Attorney is now employed by legal aid and can not help. My Indiana Attorney can't get anywhere with the Indiana DMV or NC DMV. HELP

That's interesting. My understanding was that North Carolina did not even report a simple speeding ticket back to your home state. I guess they have changed their policy which is unfortunate for you.

I'm afraid that you hired the wrong attorney and he should have known better. In general, an out of state speeding ticket is reported back to your home state and entered on your record in accordance with the laws of that state.

As you have found out a no points offense in one state can translate into points in another. Many people have been decived into just paying a ticket because an officer told them there would be no points. The problem is that he has no idea of the law in your state. Your attorney should have verified that the ticket would not be reported and gotten it in writing from the court.

Now you are SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back