Potential Class Action Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyh8r

Hi, I'm a computer consultant who has been fixing lots of computers infected with spyware. One in particular breaks the consumer's internet connection. The company that writes this program does so for marketing purposes. Without getting too technical, it's impossible for the average consumer to fix this without an expert. Here's more information I found on the internet about this company.:
------------------------
TargetSoft.inetadpt is a Layered Socket Provider (LSP), developed by Virtumundo, Inc. (inetadpt.dll contains "This file is the property of Virtumundo, Inc."). A LSP can intercept most of the internet traffic going to and from your computer. LSPs are powerful but if they are buggy, installed or removed incorrectly they will break your internet connection.

-------------------

My guess is that many people have this program installed (it installs without your permission) and are spending a great deal of money to fix their machines (I've found 2 machines already). It's time a lawyer got involved to help teach these guys a lesson. The company mentioned above is located in Kansas.

go get 'em!

We are considering doing the same. This is happening with several companies that have done something similar such as radiate.com and another company I can't remember offhand that I believe ends with a dash U (-u) like know-u or target-u or something like that. They were notorious for a while and have disappeared.

Originally posted by spyh8r
Hi, I'm a computer consultant who has been fixing lots of computers infected with spyware. One in particular breaks the consumer's internet connection. The company that writes this program does so for marketing purposes. Without getting too technical, it's impossible for the average consumer to fix this without an expert. Here's more information I found on the internet about this company.:
------------------------
TargetSoft.inetadpt is a Layered Socket Provider (LSP), developed by Virtumundo, Inc. (inetadpt.dll contains "This file is the property of Virtumundo, Inc."). A LSP can intercept most of the internet traffic going to and from your computer. LSPs are powerful but if they are buggy, installed or removed incorrectly they will break your internet connection.

-------------------

My guess is that many people have this program installed (it installs without your permission) and are spending a great deal of money to fix their machines (I've found 2 machines already). It's time a lawyer got involved to help teach these guys a lesson. The company mentioned above is located in Kansas.

go get 'em!

Anybody know if these guys have deep pockets? Or are they just struggling programers working out of someone's studio apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back