Posting event announcements from other websites - copyright issues?

M

Mary1990

Jurisdiction
New York
I want to create a website where I post interesting events that are going on in town (theater, music, etc.).
I want to search for these events in the internet and copy the content to my website (text, images, times, links). I am not earning any money with this and will link back to the original page. It is like a blog about the events I like.
But I suppose that by copying the content I am violating copyright laws. Does that matter in this case, and what could happen to me in the worst case?
Thanks for your help,
Mary

I want to create a website where I post interesting events that are going on in town (theater, music, etc.).
I want to search for these events in the internet and copy the content to my website (text, images, times, links). I am not earning any money with this and will link back to the original page. It is like a blog about the events I like.
But I suppose that by copying the content I am violating copyright laws. Does that matter in this case, and what could happen to me in the worst case?
Thanks for your help,
Mary

If your intent is simply to share that on Tuesday, May 10th at The Player's Playhouse, a performnce of the play "Our Town" will be held at &;00PM. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $10.00, or at the Theatre's website"

www.xxxxxxxx1111111wwwww4444tttt.net

That is fairly harmless, but you can always seek approval of the event you're sharing before you link or post it.

Back