Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Post conviction; sentenced as an SO but there was no victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLseekingHelp

I was arrested in 2011 in part of an online sting that was held in my area. I responded to an ad online in which a parent was looking for a "hook up" for their daughter. No where was age mentioned and the only conversation I had was with the adult. I honesty did not think that a child was involved and that this was a role play thing. I cooperated with the investigators in every way possible.
I am not condoning my actions but at the same time I did not deserve the sentence imposed upon me for this entrapment. I was represented by a public defender (I actually had 3 or 4 different ones at different points of my case). After nearly a year in county my charges were dropped to use of a communication device to commit a felony and attempted lewd and lascivious battery age 12. The state came at me with 4 years prison. At that point my public defender game me 3 options: 1) Take the deal of 4 years prison, 2) plea out to the judge, or 3) take it to trial at which point the state will push for the max which would be at least 10 years prison.
I have no previous record and the court did a PSI. After weighing my options I plead out to the Judge. I was sentenced to 4 years prison and 4 years probation and would have to register as a sex offender. Downward departure was denied. I have since finished my sentence and have just started my probation. I would like to find out if there is anything that can be done to have the registration dropped and even the probation. As I mentioned, there was no victim and the only conversation I had was with the adult. Can anyone offer any help or suggestions or perhaps know of an attorney in the Florida Panhandle that might have experience in this area. Thank you so much.

A lawyer for what? If you are telling the truth, nowhere in their recordings will it refer to a minor, so there would have been no evidence to convict you. You chose a plea bargain and were sentenced accordingly. You did not appeal the conviction for any error of law. Such a conviction cannot be expunged.

The only cure for your lifetime disease is a full pardon. Not to worry about how to get one, you gotta be one f them billionaire dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back