possibly set up or just careless.

A

anonymous512

Jurisdiction
Texas
to start off blunt and straight from the start. i smoked a joint at around 8 pm on a lunch break, and went back to work. it was pretty busy and i closed with 4+ others at around 1 am but stayed and cleaned till around 3 am. the next morning and around 10 am i received a text from the open crew saying the found the remains of my joint. and it was obvious etc. with out any knowledge of me partaking the day before. claimed it must be mine because i was the only one who smokes from the night crew(which is a lie 70% of our employees partake as well and is known. so i while half awake say indirectly that it could be mine but most likely not and i was 90% sure. didn't hear about it after that. then off Sunday and come in Monday. to my manager telling me i was suspended and i must submit to a personal drug test and take a write up. then demanded an investigation and review of the security cameras. so 5 mins pass by and my manager says the tapes where reviewed and said i was seen putting said joint in said location. which i don't believe because of the variable(angle, video quality etc). just trying to gather opinions on what i should do at this point. was i possibly set up or was i just careless.

You weren't set up, you were caught. You have not a leg to stand on as you are guilty. Your employer can fire you right now. They are giving you another chance possibly. Take it and never use drugs on company property and while working again, or quit.

You smoked a joint at work. I guess that's why they call it dope. You have to be a real dope to do something like that.

Doesn't matter what you believe or what anybody else does, your employer could have fired you on the spot just for the suspicion.

If you still have your job, count your blessings and stop being a dope.

My, my, my - I've read many things over the years.
This has to be the _________ thing I've ever read.
It also has to be the CHEEKIEST.
ROTFLMAO
Thanks for the FREE yucks, dude!!!!

Your employer could actually have fired you (even for suspicion) - you can be fired at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary. Your employer did not do anything wrong/illegal.

Back