Assault & Battery Possible penalties for 3rd deg Assault in Colorado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorado

My husband was arrested for assault and disturbing the peace on Saturday night while attending a convention in Denver, CO. I'm only assuming it's 3rd degree, going by the story his friend told me (still haven't talked to husband as my only phone is a cell phone and it wouldn't accept his collect calls - I've fixed that but he hasn't called me since I did). All of the following info I got online:

His arraignment was yesterday, he pleaded not guilty. So his disposition is friday. First, what exactly happens at the disposition (I can't drive that far for the disposition - almost 100 miles one way)?

And my second (and most important question is: what are the possible penalties for him? Attached to that - what most likely WILL actually come of it?
He has no previous criminal record (he's 37). At first I was thinking it serves him right (pay the penalty!) but now after reading in some places (online) that he will get 6 months jail time.......???? I don't know!

According to his friend, he groped someone in the middle of the convention floor - but she later recanted her story and it was dropped to simple assault.

Please, any info or input would be great! He's a disabled vet and there is no way for us to afford an attorney!

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back