Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Possible harassment charges

Couponerqueen

Jurisdiction
Oregon
My friends ex husband filling harassment charges against me, I messaged him on Facebook and he told me to stop, but I didn't. It wasn't anything harassing or threatening, it was all about his kids because the kids came to me telling me that his dad never has any food at home and guns are everywhere and they just simply didn't want to be there, so that's how it came about me messaging their dad and I was just telling him what kids been telling me and that he needs to be a better father to those kids and so on, it was pretty much everything about his own kids, I was trying to help him and make him understand what those kids want and need from him since the kids were to afraid to tell their dad themselves, they always dread the day when they had to go be with their dad per parenting plan in divorce.
So I messaged him even after he said not to, I created fake Facebook account and messaged him from there too since he blocked me.
The first time I talked to the cops over the phone and they told me to stop the contact, well today they stopped by and talked to me about the fake Facebook account, I denied it was me, they said they will subpoena my phone to check it all out.
My question is can they really do that? I mean there isn't a single thing of threat of any kind, it was simply regarding his kids, the cops said they read the messages but just because he told me to stop messaging him and I still did by creating new account. What should I expect from all these? The cops said they will be back after some more investigation. Should I be hiring a criminal defense attorney?

My friends ex husband filling harassment charges against me, I messaged him on Facebook and he told me to stop, but I didn't. It wasn't anything harassing or threatening, it was all about his kids because the kids came to me telling me that his dad never has any food at home and guns are everywhere and they just simply didn't want to be there, so that's how it came about me messaging their dad and I was just telling him what kids been telling me and that he needs to be a better father to those kids and so on, it was pretty much everything about his own kids, I was trying to help him and make him understand what those kids want and need from him since the kids were to afraid to tell their dad themselves, they always dread the day when they had to go be with their dad per parenting plan in divorce.
So I messaged him even after he said not to, I created fake Facebook account and messaged him from there too since he blocked me.
The first time I talked to the cops over the phone and they told me to stop the contact, well today they stopped by and talked to me about the fake Facebook account, I denied it was me, they said they will subpoena my phone to check it all out.
My question is can they really do that? I mean there isn't a single thing of threat of any kind, it was simply regarding his kids, the cops said they read the messages but just because he told me to stop messaging him and I still did by creating new account. What should I expect from all these? The cops said they will be back after some more investigation. Should I be hiring a criminal defense attorney?

You need an attorney consult. At the very least a RO may be issued to you. Why didn't you discuss you concerns with their mother as opposed to badgering the father who already made it very clear he didn't want you to bother him?

If you have a valid reason to believe that the children are in danger, the proper course of action is to notify the authorities. It is not to challenge the legal parent of the children about his parenting.

My friends ex husband filling harassment charges against me, I messaged him on Facebook and he told me to stop, but I didn't.

When someone asks you to STOP, it is never a good idea to continue doing whatever you were doing that caused the other person to say STOP!

It wasn't anything harassing or threatening, it was all about his kids because the kids came to me telling me that his dad never has any food at home and guns are everywhere and they just simply didn't want to be there, so that's how it came about me messaging their dad and I was just telling him what kids been telling me and that he needs to be a better father to those kids and so on, it was pretty much everything about his own kids, I was trying to help him and make him understand what those kids want and need from him since the kids were to afraid to tell their dad themselves, they always dread the day when they had to go be with their dad per parenting plan in divorce.

It is NEVER a good idea to meddle in the affairs of others.

This appears to heading to a place known as = "NOT ENDING WELL FOR YOU"!

It is always a bad idea to lie to the police.

No one has to lie to the police anyway.

What you should have done is what my friend Professor Duane advises EVERYONE to do:

This too:

My question is can they really do that?

Yes, your electronic devices can be subpoenaed and forensically examined.

Once that occurs, almost EVERYTHING you've ever done on those devices wil be known to the police and prosecutor.

What should I expect from all these?

This dummy doesn't know, but can guess.

You just might be charged and arrested for some crime(s).

The cops said they will be back after some more investigation.

Yes, if they find something, you WILL be arrested.

Should I be hiring a criminal defense attorney?

I'd at least talk to a couple attorneys, and also make sure I get my bail money stashed away.

You're kind of a buttinsky, aren't you? Smart people stay out of other people's domestics.

You are crazy......... Sticking your nose where it doesn't need to be. Are you the tooth fairy as well? Santa Claus? Wait...... I got it. You're the best parent in the world and need to spread your advice. As stated above if the children are in harm contact the proper folks. Unreal.... Lets hope the cops press this issue and find you guilty of lying to them and more.

You are crazy......... Sticking your nose where it doesn't need to be. Are you the tooth fairy as well? Santa Claus? Wait...... I got it. You're the best parent in the world and need to spread your advice. As stated above if the children are in harm contact the proper folks. Unreal.... Lets hope the cops press this issue and find you guilty of lying to them and more.

Quit smoking that shit it's turning you into monster old fart!

It's not your place to go to him about it. Your friend could since she's the mom - or if you think they are in danger call the police or appropriate authorities. But if someone tells you to stop contacting them and then you continue - and make a fake FB to do it - that's harassment.

Look at it this way - if you told someone to stop contacting you and they kept doing it and even went so far as to make a fake social media page to continue contacting you, how would you react?

You don't have to talk to the cops at all and if you feel the need to hire an attorney, that is your right and then you direct the police to your attorney.

Back