Possible Discrimination

A

aamaro

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I went to a campground to reserve a seasonal site. I feel I may have been discriminated against. There was an open site right next to family friends. It was exactly what we were looking for. We were ready to put our deposit down and get the spot. Went to speak with the sales manager and was told this spot is being reserved for "larger nicer trailers, to make a good impression". He never asked the type or year of my trailer. All he asked was the length which is 30 feet. (It's a 2008 in great condition). I told him I am good friends with the current neighbors who have been there for 7 years and are well known. Their trailer is 40ft and same year 2008. Then the sales manager asked me if I saw any of the other open spots, which were all in the back and very small. Initially, when I was given a map of open sites, the site I was interested in, along with many others were not even listed as available although they are. The manager kept steering us to look at other sites. The sales manager took my name and number and said he would call me after he talked to "corporate" about it.

Based just on what you posted, I don't see any illegal discrimination.

Back