Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Possession stolen vehicle

Mark brinkdopke

Jurisdiction
Nevada
I was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle but I was not in the car I was inside 711 with a friend a person outside told the people who owned the car it was me and then drove off and did not write a statement the police proceeded to lie to my friend threatening her with charges and what not if she didn't write a statement against me she has a 4 year old child and was so scared she did what they wanted anyway she is the only witness tying me to this bogus case and I already know she will not show to court so mu question is If she doesn't testify will the statement stick they have an offer for probation but I feel like I can beat the case.

You're very naive if you think the prosecutor won't be able to get her into court to testify.

You should be talking to a lawyer and not discussing your situation on a public forum that can be seen by anybody, especially considering your name is rather unique.

If she doesn't testify will the statement stick they have an offer for probation but I feel like I can beat the case.

Whether you may still get convicted without her testimony is something you need to discuss with your attorney. I have not seen everything the state plans to present against you in the case, and without that I cannot give you any kind of assessment of how likely it is that a jury may convict you. Criminal defendants tend be overly optimistic on their chances to beat the charges largely because they so badly want that to be true; they don't want to think they'll be going to prison. You need to talk to your lawyer and really listen to what he/she says about your prospects in this case if you take it to trial. The lawyer will have a more objective view of your case than you do, and you need to hear that view of it.

I was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle but I was not in the car I was inside 711 with a friend a person outside told the people who owned the car it was me and then drove off and did not write a statement the police proceeded to lie to my friend threatening her with charges and what not if she didn't write a statement against me she has a 4 year old child and was so scared she did what they wanted anyway she is the only witness tying me to this bogus case and I already know she will not show to court so mu question is If she doesn't testify will the statement stick they have an offer for probation but I feel like I can beat the case.

You should not be talking with the witness. If you are not careful the State could add witness tampering to your criminal charges.

And you do know that 7/11 stores have security cameras, don't you? Very likely the Prosecution has a video of you getting out of the stolen car.

You might want to ask your defense attorney what they think of you posting about your criminal case on the internet.

Last edited:
It does not matter that you were in the store. If the information and circumstances support that you had been in possession of the car then that is just as good.
I agree that there is likely video from the store that is going to show you in control of the vehicle. Any 7-Eleven these days going to have video surveillance around the store.

Your post is largely unintelligible because of the complete lack of punctuation, and I'm not sure there's a question in there anywhere.

Obviously, if you've been charged with a crime, you need a defense attorney.

You need an attorney. Your understanding of the law is deficient. Written statements are neither required nor actually useful in the prosecution. When it comes down to being tried, the witnesses will be called to present whatever evidence there is of your guilt.

Second, you don't need to be holding on or in the car to be in possession of it as far as the law goes. All you need to do is have constructive possession of it (if someone saw you driving it, or you have the keys, or you stopped it being returned to the owners) and you knew or should have known it was stolen, you're 100% guilty.

You should keep your mouth shut, anything you do say can be used against you (this is an exception to the prohibition on hearsay testimony). Get an attorney.

Back