Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Possession Of Meth Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAREE_BURKE

Hi my husband was pulled out of a car and searched without being asked if he had any guns on him(he was a passenger in a vehicle where the driver made an illiegal U-turn) Before he could tell the officer, the officer felt it under his arm in its holster and started screaming and demanded him on the ground. It wasnot loaded, the clips were on the floor board of the car. He was then searched and is a user (I know he needs rehab) he had a small amount of meth that was his personal use not for sale, and is charged with possession and carrying a firearm that was not registered, we have an attorney working on the case for us. He has been on pretrial services where he had to do UA's, his first one was positive and the attorney said that was ok but he had to be clean for the rest of the Ua's. Then a week later he was driven to a house and told the acquaintance would just be looking for something in the house, my husband went into the house and was sitting on the couch, the person was acting weird so my husband wanted to leave and he called for a ride to pick him up. Five minutes later the DEA pulled up and said "they are doing it" The acquaintance had remnants of a meth lab in he back room, They arrested my husband and he is charged with manufacturing, distribution and he did still have a little personel meth on him, but it was only like a gram, so he is charged with possession again, which he deserves. But he was already on bond for the weapons charge and we can't afford to pay the same attorney another retainer so he has to have an appointed attorney. And this happened in a small town, not in Aurora like the first incident. So my worry is that he won't be able to get out the two first charges that he is not even guilty of, yes he needs to serve time on the original gun and possession charge and then the next possession charge because he was breaking his pretrial release sentence by carrying personel meth with him, when he was supposed to be totally clean at that point. I want to know what is the best route we should take? Should we go with the appointed attorney or try to scrape money for a retainer for the first attorney, and his first bail was 10,000, and now he is at 250,000 and the judge will not lower it. Is that because of the first bond? He was truly at the wrong place at the wrong time and the woman he called to pick him up from the house was on her way and pulled up just as the cops did, so can that be evidence, from the cell phone records that he was trying to leave and not a participant? Oh yeah, the sheriff is pulling in people that my husband works with and telling them that He has given up their names and that they are drugdealers and they will have search warrants on their houses, but no one is drug dealers, they haven't served any search warrants and my husband has not even had his rights read to him or been questioned yet. And this has happened to four separate people hw knows in this small town. Please help, they also will not release his personal property such as his watch or wallet or car keys, even though he did not have a vehicle there, is that legal? Thank you so much for any advice and help, I have two small children that I need my husband to help support. Thanks again Maree

I'm not sure what to say but your husband hurt himself repeatedly by not getting rid of the meth. What was he thinking? He knew he was under investigation and still didn't go clean. I think that if you can afford to hire an attorney to handle the case, now is the time.

The best thing to do is to work with your attorney who knows the case, the players, and has experience with handling matters. I don't think there will be any easy way out of this one and it is likely that your husband will not be treated with the accomodations that you would hope for given his behavior. I wish you and him the best of luck in dealing with this matter.

MAREE BURKE said:
Hi my husband was pulled out of a car and searched without being asked if he had any guns on him(he was a passenger in a vehicle where the driver made an illiegal U-turn) Before he could tell the officer, the officer felt it under his arm in its holster and started screaming and demanded him on the ground. It wasnot loaded, the clips were on the floor board of the car. He was then searched and is a user (I know he needs rehab) he had a small amount of meth that was his personal use not for sale, and is charged with possession and carrying a firearm that was not registered, we have an attorney working on the case for us. He has been on pretrial services where he had to do UA's, his first one was positive and the attorney said that was ok but he had to be clean for the rest of the Ua's. Then a week later he was driven to a house and told the acquaintance would just be looking for something in the house, my husband went into the house and was sitting on the couch, the person was acting weird so my husband wanted to leave and he called for a ride to pick him up. Five minutes later the DEA pulled up and said "they are doing it" The acquaintance had remnants of a meth lab in he back room, They arrested my husband and he is charged with manufacturing, distribution and he did still have a little personel meth on him, but it was only like a gram, so he is charged with possession again, which he deserves. But he was already on bond for the weapons charge and we can't afford to pay the same attorney another retainer so he has to have an appointed attorney. And this happened in a small town, not in Aurora like the first incident. So my worry is that he won't be able to get out the two first charges that he is not even guilty of, yes he needs to serve time on the original gun and possession charge and then the next possession charge because he was breaking his pretrial release sentence by carrying personel meth with him, when he was supposed to be totally clean at that point. I want to know what is the best route we should take? Should we go with the appointed attorney or try to scrape money for a retainer for the first attorney, and his first bail was 10,000, and now he is at 250,000 and the judge will not lower it. Is that because of the first bond? He was truly at the wrong place at the wrong time and the woman he called to pick him up from the house was on her way and pulled up just as the cops did, so can that be evidence, from the cell phone records that he was trying to leave and not a participant? Oh yeah, the sheriff is pulling in people that my husband works with and telling them that He has given up their names and that they are drugdealers and they will have search warrants on their houses, but no one is drug dealers, they haven't served any search warrants and my husband has not even had his rights read to him or been questioned yet. And this has happened to four separate people hw knows in this small town. Please help, they also will not release his personal property such as his watch or wallet or car keys, even though he did not have a vehicle there, is that legal? Thank you so much for any advice and help, I have two small children that I need my husband to help support. Thanks again Maree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back