Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Posession of a Controlled Substance, Paraphanelia, Under the Influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic12

I was recently arrested and charged with the following violations. The incident occured in a national park, so the charges are federal.

36CFR 2.35(b)(2) Posession of a Controlled Substance (Marijuana)
36CFR2.35(c) "Presence in Park Area While Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance
18USC13(a)CR5-619 Posession of Drug Paraphanelia

I was in a national park and I had taken way to many mushrooms. I apparently drew the park rangers attention because of the way i was acting. (Apparently rolling around on the ground, clearly impaired) I do not remember any specifics at this point because of how impaired I was, but the rangers found a small amount of marijuana and a bowl in my pocket, arrested me and took me to a hospital for drug testing. The rangers seemed to know I was on mushrooms because they asked the nurse at the hospital to test me for them. As you may know, tests for psilosybin are very expensive, and they can only do them at a very select number of facilities. There were no drugs in my system besides marijuana and the mushrooms.

My question is this: Unless the police sent my blood to a seperate facility and did in fact find evidence of the mushrooms, can I expect them to bring this up on my court date?

Whatever i said to lead them to beleive I was on mushrooms was said before my miranda rights were read to me, as that was done in the hospital when I was perfectly sober. I beleive this means whatever I said is not relevent in court. Am I correct in this assumption?

This is my first offense and does not line up with the rest of my behavior, so I am going to do everything possible to get this off my record, and I realize that talk of more serious drugs may make this more difficult, even if I am not charged with possesion of them. Any help would be greatly apprecieted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back