police took my fingerprints.. i need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious684

i am being wrongfully charged with child neglect. On the day i was charged the police took me and my husbands fingerprints. the day after my co-workers had asked me if the police had read me my rights before taking my fingerprints. and i had said no cause they didnt. so i am trying to figure out if they were supposed to read me my rights. please i need info. thanks my court date is on the 20th of april.. thanks

Please read my sig, cuz I may be blowing smoke...

As far as I understand, you only have to be read your rights b4 you're arrested.

Even if only investigating a complaint, proven false afterwards or not, I think they have the right to fingerprint you! :)

My understanding is that Miranda stands for the notion "anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Your fingerprints are not something you have stated or communicated. They are a fact, like identification. The only technicality I can think of is if you were arrested because of a confession you made which you were not prior Mirandized. The "fruit of the poisonous tree" would be excluded although I'm still not sure that would mean your fingerprints would be excluded.

Originally posted by curious684
i am being wrongfully charged with child neglect. On the day i was charged the police took me and my husbands fingerprints. the day after my co-workers had asked me if the police had read me my rights before taking my fingerprints. and i had said no cause they didnt. so i am trying to figure out if they were supposed to read me my rights. please i need info. thanks my court date is on the 20th of april.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back