Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Police officer identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

huckerb

I called someone who had texted my phone over a girl I recently broke up with and the person on the other side claimed to be a police officer. We got into a shouting match and some foul language was used. Turns out this really was a cop. I got charged with malicious UF. I am not sure what this is and is this really a crime cause anyone can say they are a cop over the phone. All comments are greatly appreciated.

hucker_b said:
I called someone who had texted my phone over a girl I recently broke up with and the person on the other side claimed to be a police officer. We got into a shouting match and some foul language was used. Turns out this really was a cop. I got charged with malicious UF. I am not sure what this is and is this really a crime cause anyone can say they are a cop over the phone. All comments are greatly appreciated.

How were you charged?

Were you charged by "text message"?

Were you arrested?

If you were arrested, what do your arrest documents say?

hucker_b said:
they sent me an arraignment notice in the mail. I was never arrested. There is no arrest docs.

More than likely, you may not have been "texting" with a police officer.

However, someone must have filed a complaint and you've now been requested to appear in court.

You might want to consult a nearby attorney to represent you.

You might want to find out how much the bail will be, if you are arrested when you appear.

When you do appear, if you haven't obtained an attorney, plead not guilty.

Do not make any admissions or statements.

If you can't afford an attorney, ask the court to appoint one to represent you.

In the meantime, have no contact with the person that has accused you!!

This sounds like a waste of time... probably not anything you will have to worry much about.
Does the documentation you received include a penal code violation? It should have some sort of criminal code listed that you are alleged to have violated. I am not sure what malicious UF might be, but I am assuming it might be some sort of telephone harassment allegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back