police officer causes car wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

claricelatham

I was being transported by a public official handcuffed with no seatbelt and officer attempts to pull over someone who ran a stop sign and causes accident , as a result i have injuries

I was being transported by a public official handcuffed with no seatbelt and officer attempts to pull over someone who ran a stop sign and causes accident , as a result i have injuries

You should IMMEDIATELY (or as soon as you can) speak with a personal injury attorney in your county.

You PROBABLY have the basis of a good personal injury lawsuit.

Most attorneys will take a case such as this on a contingency basis.

That means you don't pay her or him out of pocket, but only out of what award is obtained.

Usually that means 30-40% of the award becomes the attorney's fee.

I'll let the lawyer you retain explain the rest to you, but ask your friends, relatives, co-workers for the names of good lawyers near you.

God luck, and I wish you a speedy recovery (medically and financially).

Last edited:
Finding yourself a credible and qualified personal injury lawyer

Handcuffed? Am I thinking the obvious here? Anyway, I agree with Army Judge. Handcuffs don't take away your rights to file a claim for your injuries. It was clear that the officer committed negligence by forcing you inside his car and leaving you out without the seatbelt. If you were apprehended by the officer (because of the handcuffs) your legal rights still stands. Finding yourself a credible and qualified personal injury lawyer to assess your case will help to determine the justifiable compensation that you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back