Police contact on probation? Please help!

D

Darknote

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hi, I'm on probation and will be applying to successfully end the probation early in a few months bc I have everything completed. I have a bit of a situation that I could really use some direction with.. I was at my friends house, we were drinking some, and there was an altercation. My friends boyfriend got angry and ended up dragging both my friend and I by our hair up the stairs on their patio. The police were called bc of this and they came and made a report. Am I going to get into trouble with this because of the police contact? I don't know what the police plan to do, if anything but I'm very worried this could turn into a probation violation and I'm unsure if I should report it to my PO when the police were called for someone else. Please help with any info you can!

Hi, I'm on probation and will be applying to successfully end the probation early in a few months bc I have everything completed. I have a bit of a situation that I could really use some direction with.. I was at my friends house, we were drinking some, and there was an altercation. My friends boyfriend got angry and ended up dragging both my friend and I by our hair up the stairs on their patio. The police were called bc of this and they came and made a report. Am I going to get into trouble with this because of the police contact? I don't know what the police plan to do, if anything but I'm very worried this could turn into a probation violation and I'm unsure if I should report it to my PO when the police were called for someone else. Please help with any info you can!

Did you tell your PO that this happened? You shouldn't get in trouble because you don't seem to have broken the law. BUT you are supposed to report ANY police contact to your PO. If you just tell him or her that the police were called because your friend's boyfriend assaulted you and your friend, I would highly doubt they would violate you. If you don't tell your PO you're setting yourself up for trouble. I would have told my PO as soon as it happened. You didn't do anything wrong. You are a victim of a crime so just tell him or her.

Your probation agreement REQUIRES you immediately report all police contacts.

You probably won't get in trouble because the police were called, and you were apparently abused.

You MIGHT get in trouble with your PO for drinking and hanging around with felons (if they were there too), or probationers (if others were present); as a person on probation is NOT to consort with criminals, felons, or those on probation or parole; or under indictment for criminal charges.

You are probably NOT supposed to consume alcohol, and I KNOW you aren't to use illegal drugs....

That said, I am unable to predict the future, but I can tell you what has transpired in the past.

Back