Police broke a window a let themselves in my house

pittman

The county police had a warrant for V.O.P for myself,Came to my house when no one was home. So with no one being home of course nobody answered the door.The preceded to break a window and let themselves into my house by unlocking the window and crawling through. I have 3 large dogs (pitbulls) they tazed and pepper sprayed and assulted them and locked them in a room. They destroyed my house, basically vandalized my home. When I came home I thought my house had been burglarized. I called the city police dept. to make a report of someone breaking in and vandalizing/burglarized my home. Only then was I informed by the city officer that he had witnessed earlier that day several county officers and several county vehicles at my residence for hrs. The city officer contacted the county in which they admitted that they broke into my house and did the damge to my home thinking I was there.So the city officers would not even file a report for my house being broke into and vandalized cause the county had admitted that it was them. I tried contacting superiors, the sheriff and internal affairs and was gave the run around and my efforts were futile and with no response. This is not the first time that excessive and out of line behavior by this warrant division. I was wondering what options I have and if this was justifiable. Would like someone to be held accountable for reason that I would have to be if I was to do something like this. Vadalize/breaking and entering someone's home, animal cruelitiy, etc

They are responsible for any damage they caused. They likely took pictures before and after so don't get carried away with allegations.
This sounds like a search warrant, not an attempt to locate you for an arrest warrant.
You can speak with an attorney about your options but be prepared to turn yourself in for the warrant.
You can make your claim about damages to the appropriate county office, not necessarily the sheriff.

Back