Weapons, Guns, Firearms Poession of a firearm by a felon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRAKELIASON

I have been reading thrugh the threads and haven't really seen anything that could help me or anything close to the problem I am having,

October 2004 there was a knock on my girlfriend's door, it was the warrant division looking for someone who was not nor has ever been in her home, The officer asked if they could enter the home and make sure the person was not there, I allowed them to enter, mind you it was not MY HOUSE, in the time of the officers searching for this person they see a firearm in the house ask a couple questions and ask if the firearm is mine I clearly state it is not mine, they leave the house come back the next day with a warrant, arrest me for Poession of a firearm by a felon, Now understand also I am on felony Probation for hot checks, aswell as was in Texas Prison for 3 years for someone else, which dosent matter.
While the officers were arresting me I called a bondsman and was prepared to bond out of County jail upon my arrival, after 9 hours I was released, I fled the country probably not the smart thing to do but it's done, Now my questions below

#1. If the home was not in my name or on the lease and the police entered the home with my permission was there search legal.
#2. If the home was not mine nor my name on the lease can I be charged for the firearms in the home.
#3. Is there a Statue of Limitation on a 3rd degree felony Poss of a firearm by a felon
#4. Is there a Staue of Limitation of Felony Probation for Bad checks
#5. Is there a Statue of Limitation on a Bond forfeiture, or a Warrant.

I know I have asked alot of questions and have been asking them for nearly a year, since I left the country but knowone can give me a straight answer.
Please if anyone can help me please do I would like to return to my home, I am an Alien here and miss my family.

Drakeliason@yahoo.com

Serious case

Contact a lawyer.

Are you still out of the country? If so, you may have to stay there for a long time.

Sorry...hope things work out for you...would like you to update the situation for us all please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back